Australian High Commission in Funafuti, Tuvalu
Talofa and welcome to the official website of the Australian High Commission in Funafuti, Tuvalu.
Our Head of Mission is Ms Karyn Murray, Australian High Commissioner to Tuvalu.
We invite you to access the resources and information contained on this website or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a general inquiry.
Follow us on Facebook Australia in Tuvalu for the latest news and activities of the Australian Government in Tuvalu.
Need information on visiting Tuvalu? Read the following:
- Travel advice from the Australian Government
- Official travel bulletins on special issues and events
- Other Australian Government embassies, high commissions, consulates, multilateral missions and representative offices around the world
Important changes to Smartraveller are coming. Our new Smartraveller website will be launched in November. It will include a simpler system for getting travel advice updates and a new approach to registration.
Travellers have told us what they want most from Smartraveller is timely travel advice. We’ve listened, and we’re working on a subscription service that will deliver the latest updates to your inbox and SMS critical alerts in a crisis.
As part of the update we no longer ask Australians to register their travel before departure.
From November, Smartraveller’s registration system will activate only when there’s a crisis overseas.
The service we provide to Australians in difficulty overseas is not changing.
You’re still welcome to register your travel with Smartraveller until November.
As always, we encourage Australians overseas to stay in touch with friends and family and let them know you’re safe.
If you need immediate assistance, you can call the Consular Emergency Centre on +61 2 6261 3305 from overseas or 1300 555 135 from within Australia.
For more information on the changes, visit Smartraveller.gov.au/changes
Is your passport lost or stolen in Tuvalu?
- Report the loss or theft online
- Contact the Australia High Commission in Funafuti during local business hours on 20043.
- Call the Australian Passport Information Service on 131 232 from within Australia.
- Seek more information on the Australian Passports Office website.
Applying for a passport?
- For passport information including applying for or renewing your passport, visit www.passports.gov.au.
- The Australian High Commission in Funafuti does not issue passports. Australians citizens seeking to apply for or renew an Australian passport can attend a passport interview at the Australian High Commission in Suva.
- Passport fees for 2019 are listed here.
Living in Australia
Program Manager, Development Cooperation [DOCX 55 KB]. Applications close: 4pm Friday 29 November 2019
Senior Program Manager, Development Cooperation [DOCX 55 KB]. Applications close: 4pm Friday 29 November 2019
Public Diplomacy, Property, Research and Administration Officer [DOCX 55 KB]. Applications close: 4pm Friday 29 November 2019